[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] UI mockups

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Sat Aug 22 10:05:03 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 05:12:34PM +0200, Simon Schampijer wrote:
> [forwarded from christian]
>
> Hi all,
>
> I've attached two (annotated) PDFs with mockups of the issues we talked
> about on Sunday. The first has several options for the Journal,
> exploring various toolbars, the grid view, and tagging; the second looks
> at simple vs. complex toolbars in activities.
>
> Make sure you read the annotations, and let me know what you think. Once
> we have reached a consensus, I can generate PNGs and post to the wiki.
>

> Christian
>
> PS. Let's also figure out a time to chat, unless email seems sufficient.
> I can be available for a short time around 10am (EST)/2pm (UTC) tomorrow
> morning, if necessary.
>
> [1] http://shell.sugarlabs.org/~erikos/090818_journal_thumbnails.pdf
> [2] http://shell.sugarlabs.org/~erikos/090818_toolbars.pdf

You can try Thumbs view implementation from cloned repo[3]
or see screenshot[4].

In comparing with mockups it has lack of multi selection and sorting
features, I heard that we are not in consensus on that(?)
* using check boxes of Shift key to multi select
* using title like buttons[5] or something else

Also I moved details button from cell bottom to the left.

[3] http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/sugar/repos/thumbs
[4] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/File:Thumbs.png
[5] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Design_Team/Designs/Journal#10

--