[Sugar-devel] [Karma] Re: svg and png for subjects in chakra

Felipe López Toledo zer.subzero at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 18:11:22 EDT 2009

>> Ideally, I would like to just drop the lesson folder under a specific
>> place (with a config file) and then everything will be done: links,
>> put the lesson on the correct grade, include the lesson on the
>> necessary menus, etc..
>> but that's not possible without using a server side solution, maybe
>> using Narwhal or Rhino... but, please note that those tools are server
>> side.
>
> Yeah, as previously mentioned we gotta figure out a way of how to get from a
> random collection of lessons to a single package with a corresponding Chakra
> and everything...
> All suggestions are more than welcome!
ok,

Bryan has started a karma utility:
(http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Karma/Utilities),
using this tool I have thought on this:

1. to create empty templates of Chakra and other specific (containers) files
so, if some organization or someone wants to add or modify Chakra (or
other file) it will be easy

2. a lesson must contain a config file
that config file must specify the lesson details : the grade, the subject, etc.
so, when running karma utility it will look for that file in order to
populate the necessaries files (based on the templates)

greetings