[Sugar-devel] RFH - Journal corruption reports fom 8.2.1

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Fri Aug 21 05:17:46 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 11:08, Sascha
Silbe<sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 05:13:42PM -0500, Jim Simmons wrote:
>
>> The way to reproduce the problem is to run the Sugar
>> environment in Xephyr (sugar-emulator).  Do some stuff, then instead
>> of shutting down cleanly click on the "close" button on the Xephyr
>> window.
>
> This happened a lot to me as well. The reason is that with an unclean
> shutdown (but no power cycle) some stuff, especially the data store, will
> keep running, but be inaccesible to the new session. So DBus starts a new
> data store process which can't lock the index...
> It will only happen if you do an unclean restart of X; a reboot / power
> cycle isn't a problem.

That's interesting information, the dbus session daemon should finish
when sugar-session ends, and sugar-session should be terminated by the
lost X connection. The DS and the other DBus services like the PS,
telepathy-*, etc should terminate when the dbus daemon dies.

Would be good to have a ticket that entices someone to dig deeper and
see why things aren't like they are supposed to be.

Thanks,

Tomeu

> CU Sascha
>
> --