[Sugar-devel] RFH - Journal corruption reports fom 8.2.1

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Fri Aug 21 05:08:09 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 05:13:42PM -0500, Jim Simmons wrote:

> The way to reproduce the problem is to run the Sugar
> environment in Xephyr (sugar-emulator).  Do some stuff, then instead
> of shutting down cleanly click on the "close" button on the Xephyr
> window.
This happened a lot to me as well. The reason is that with an unclean
shutdown (but no power cycle) some stuff, especially the data store,
will keep running, but be inaccesible to the new session. So DBus starts
a new data store process which can't lock the index...
It will only happen if you do an unclean restart of X; a reboot / power
cycle isn't a problem.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/