[Sugar-devel] RFH - Journal corruption reports fom 8.2.1 users in Uy

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Fri Aug 21 04:41:46 EDT 2009

2009/8/21 Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>:
> 2009/8/21 Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org>:
>>>
>>> The ones on the ramdisk? :-(
>>
>> Is ~/.sugar/default/logs in the ramdisk? This would be the first time
>> I hear about it.
>
> OLPC's builds (at least the F7/F9 based series) I understood they were
> on a ramdisk. Looking at it now, however, it seems that they aren't --
> but a restart of X clears it out anyway.
>
> So by the time the problem is _seen_, *poof*, logs are gone.
>
> Maybe something in the sugar startup clears it out. Dunno. Doesn't
> seem to be olpc-configure.

Should be kept in a subdir in there, from:

http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/sugar/repos/mainline/blobs/cbd0509f4bcfe1b3e52f8898b1cb83d522337ab8/src/logsmanager.py#line25

But anyway, the failure to read the DS would be in the first boot
where the journal appears empty, not in the boot where the DS index
got corrupted.

Regards,

Tomeu

>  martin.langhoff at gmail.com
>  martin at laptop.org -- School Server Architect
>  - ask interesting questions
>  - don't get distracted with shiny stuff  - working code first
>  - http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Martinlanghoff

Farning