[Sugar-devel] RFH - Journal corruption reports fom 8.2.1 users in Uy

Andrés Ambrois andresambrois at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 04:23:50 EDT 2009

On Friday 21 August 2009 05:10:21 am Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> 2009/8/21 Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>:
> > 2009/8/21 Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org>:
> >> Yes, though if we manage to get the logs dir of a machine just after
> >> the DS was "lost", there's lots of chances we are going to be able to
> >
> > The ones on the ramdisk? :-(
>
> Is ~/.sugar/default/logs in the ramdisk? This would be the first time
> I hear about it.
>
> If it's like that, maybe Andres could modify a XO to have that dir in
> the nand and wait for it to happen?

Remember that Ceibal XOs have root access locked-down. And I recently found
out that since the key-delegation stuff was implemented, we can't request
developer keys. Not from OLPC at least, and LATU is not providing that service
that I know...

I'll also try to flash an XO with 8.2.1 and try to reproduce.

--
  -Andrés