[Sugar-devel] New SoaS-on-XO-1 build done: soasxo57

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Fri Aug 21 03:24:34 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 12:19:35PM +0530, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> I downloaded soasxo57.tree.tar.lzma
>
> This image does not have /boot/vmlinuz or /vmlinuz. There is only
> /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.30.5-28.rc2.fc11.i586

Fixed in soasxo58.  Two kernel packages are being installed by
kickstart/anaconda: OLPC's and stock Fedora's.  OLPC's olpc-bootanim
does not provide /sbin/plymouth, which some standard dracut module(s)
require.  The stock kernel is installed second, so when its %post
scripts try to create /boot/{vmlinuz,initrd.img}, they fail.  The
/boot symlinks are left nonexistent.

For now I have worked around this by installing the OLPC kernel
_again_ in kickstart/anaconda's %post, but that's a nasty kludge.

> Also, there is no initrd or olpcrd (that I could find).

Fixed in soasxo58 - same problem as above.

Thanks for trying it out.  I would like to rig up a virtual machine
and some automated tests so that you don't have to find this out the
hard way.

Martin