[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Keyboard CP Section

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Thu Aug 20 08:14:23 EDT 2009

Hi,

Sayamindu has done a great job coding the keyboard CP section.

I am a bit skeptical about the use of comboboxes. I find them hard to
use - at least the one in gtk. We do not get a search functionality by
default, and scrolling takes a lot of time etc. Same is true for the
language CP section, btw.

Another possibility would be to use a treeview, like we do for the
journal listview, and limit the number of entries by a search field for
example. One can use the type ahead search functionality here as well.

Or we would enhance the current gtk.combobox to give us the desired
functionality - but that does sound more like a long term plan.

What do others think? Attached are some screenshots.

Regards,
    Simon

Feature: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Keyboard_CP_Section
Review: http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/407