[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] UI mockups

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Wed Aug 19 12:50:58 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 05:12:34PM +0200, Simon Schampijer wrote:
> [forwarded from christian]
>
> Hi all,
>
> I've attached two (annotated) PDFs with mockups of the issues we talked
> about on Sunday. The first has several options for the Journal,
> exploring various toolbars, the grid view, and tagging; the second looks
> at simple vs. complex toolbars in activities.
>
> Make sure you read the annotations, and let me know what you think. Once
> we have reached a consensus, I can generate PNGs and post to the wiki.
>

> Christian
>
> PS. Let's also figure out a time to chat, unless email seems sufficient.
> I can be available for a short time around 10am (EST)/2pm (UTC) tomorrow
> morning, if necessary.
>
> [1] http://shell.sugarlabs.org/~erikos/090818_journal_thumbnails.pdf
> [2] http://shell.sugarlabs.org/~erikos/090818_toolbars.pdf

I think we could save additional space by moving details button to another
place, instread of thumb-1.png(attahced), it could be thumb-2.png or
thumb-3.png

And also regarding entries selection, mockups use checkboxes, I guess
we need the same method in list view, or another option(I'm personally
+1 for that) use in list and thumbs view Shift key for selection
purposes.

--
Aleksey