[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] New snapshot on the way...

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Tue Aug 18 18:05:40 EDT 2009

Hi everybody,

we've a new SoaS snapshot ready for testing. Here are the major changes:

- We just made the switch to Rawhide (which is supposed to become F12).
So watch out for any breakages - and shout if you notice any! :)

- We now ship the shiny new zyx-liveinstaller! This is a very early
alpha implementation which installs the contents of your USB key to a
hard disk (which you'll need to partition manually with the included
gparted for now). It features a "rebootless" installation feature,
meaning that after the installation has finished, you should already be
able to unplug the USB key. If you encounter any issues especially
related to this new technology, please let us know immediately, given
that this is somewhat critical for the release.

* The Arithmetic activity has been added. Great work, Chris!

* Fedora's ABRT for automatic bug reporting has been included but is not
yet ready and still needs implementation work. More to come.

So here it is! Please test the .iso file as well as the .vmdk appliance
image and report any issues you encounter.

http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/snapshots/3/SoaS3-200908182110.iso

http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/appliances/soas3-20090818.zip

Finally, if you're interested in the SoaS Beta Readiness & Test Day
Organization Meeting, please enter your availability here:

http://whenisgood.net/soas-2-beta

Thanks,
--Sebastian