[Sugar-devel] moving Shutdown above Control Panel

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 13:01:01 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 10:36 PM, Martin Dengler
<martin at martindengler.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 06:27:03PM +0200, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Daniel Drake<dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> > > Indeed, this menu is difficult for new users at lesat, who often have
> > > trouble moving the mouse cursor into the menu box itself (as it starts
> > > in the top left of it) and then maintaining the mouse inside the menu
> > > box while they move to the desired option.
> >
> > I have seen lots of problems with that menu too
>
> While we're slagging off that menu, a random design thought is: how
> much of that menu could be replaced with one or two device tray icons?
>
> Two: Control Panel and Shutdown (or Power: Shutdown/Sleep/ExtremePM)
>
> One: Sugar-or-XOman icon with Control Panel and Shutdown palette
> entries

Haha, I mentioned that same idea to Daniel literally the same minute I saw
your e-mail... :-D

My thought goes along the lines of the menu popping up on hovering across
the XO representing yourself / your XO really only containing options
related to the configuration / setup of your system.
Anything hardware related could then be moved into the frame as per
your suggestion.

Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer