[Sugar-devel] Bundling libraries, RPMs? (was Re: WatchMe-1, a VNC activity)

Lucian Branescu lucian.branescu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 11:30:09 EDT 2009

As a linux user much of my life and an OS X user for the past year, I
dearly miss package management. Self-contained bundles are ok as far
as they have minimal dependencies besides the existing platform
libraries. When you simply bundle everything, you get 100MB+ bundles
for pretty much everything and enormous memory usage because of no
shared libs.