[Sugar-devel] moving Shutdown above Control Panel

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Aug 18 04:36:56 EDT 2009

Hi,

Here in Nepal we're moving the Shutdown option on the home menu above
Control Panel.  It is now the top of our two-item menu (we have also
removed Restart and Register)

The reasoning for this is that Shutdown is needed much more often than
Control Panel, so we want it nearer the mouse when the menu opens.
Indeed, this menu is difficult for new users at lesat, who often have
trouble moving the mouse cursor into the menu box itself (as it starts
in the top left of it) and then maintaining the mouse inside the menu
box while they move to the desired option.

any interest in this change being made in sugar for everyone?

Daniel