[Sugar-devel] Bundling libraries, RPMs? (was Re: WatchMe-1, a VNC activity)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Aug 18 00:51:40 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 03:18:22PM -0400, Benjamin M. Schwartz wrote:
> So, in fact, I have taken a middle way that is somewhat interesting.
> [...]
> It then generates these variables so as to ensure that the bundles
> libraries are inserted with _lowest_ priority, rather than _highest_
> priority as is typically the case.

I don't like this.  It means your activity is unnecessarily exposed to
regressions caused by updates made by the distribution.  ;-)

(I used the LD_LIBRARY_PATH method back when I needed a quick way to get
Debian binaries to run on OLPC XO prototypes for radio range testing).

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/