[Sugar-devel] Fedora's RPM format changes break mock in Debian/Ubuntu

Bobby Powers bobbypowers at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 14:10:24 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 12:34 PM, Mathieu Bridon
(bochecha)<bochecha at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>>  I suppose the question is
>> better stated as 'since when has Fedora supported/enabled Lua support
>> in RPM packages, and where was this change posted?'  Quick google
>> searching didn't seem to turn up anything relevant, nor does the rpm
>> changelog [1] (suggesting its been supported for a while?).
>
> That I can't tell you. I guess your question would be better answered
> on fedora-devel:
>
> However, is the "since when" really that important? I guess rebuilding
> mock in Debian with Lua enabled would fix the issue right?

Yes, that would fix the issue.  I suppose what is important is that it
is a change to the Fedora rpm format which breaks other distributions
ability to read/use Fedora rpms which doesn't seem to be documented or
announced anywhere.  Admittedly, I will probably have a better chance
of getting in touch with the right people on fedora-devel, its just a
minor annoyance.  Thanks for your help so far! (sincerely, not
sarcasticly)

yours,
Bobby