[Sugar-devel] Call for volunteers to implement Bug Report feature

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Mon Aug 17 13:56:30 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Mathieu Bridon
(bochecha)<bochecha at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 18:29, Luke Faraone<luke at faraone.cc> wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 11:53, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at member.fsf.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> One of sugar lacks is an easy way to send bugreports(especially for
>>> non-tech users), so if someone interested in please pick [1] up.
>>
>> From what I've seen on IRC, Sebastian Dziallas is currently working on a
>> solution, either by porting Apport to Sugar, using GNOME's bug-buddy, or the
>> Fedora bug reporter. (still in the investigative stage)

FWIW, at my current company we:
 a) use apport, tied to our internal bug tracker (fogbugz) -- it works
great.  So apport++ in general, but it works best for *automatically
generated* bugs (ie, crashes).
 b) We *also* have a very simple web-based bug reporter -- basically
it just opens a web site with a simple form on it.   It should be
pretty trivial to make an activity based on Browse that just points to
a local html file which submits to bugzilla (or some other database).
I'd recommend using this to collect feedback which is not crashes.
  --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )