[Sugar-devel] deployment feedback (was Re: [IAEP] GPA ain't the world (was: [Sugar-news] Sugar Digest 2009-08-11))

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Sat Aug 15 04:48:05 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 03:39, Raul Gutierrez Segales<rgs at rieder.net.py> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 15:06 -0400, Walter Bender wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 2:17 PM, David Van Assche<dvanassche at gmail.com> wrote:
>> [snip]
>> > Or are you saying the feedback is getting through and I'm just not seeing
>> > it?
>>
>> We all seem to agree that feedback is important.
>>
>> We mostly agree that there is value in feedback from all deployments,
>> big and small.
>>
>> We are currently getting valuable feedback from the field: Sur, the
>> Ceibal blogs, reports from Nepal, Greg's reports from GPA, et al.
>>
>> We need more feedback and therefore we are exploring additional means
>> of getting it. You ideas are welcome!
>>

> Perhaps a section in Sugar Digest with links to highlights of what went
> on in deployments during the week?

Sounds like a great idea to me.

> Wearing a deployer-hat I must confess that we could (Paraguayan
> Deployment Team) do a better job filing tickets, giving feedback, etc.
>
> Will try to keep discipline from now on :-)

This will be great. Also, what if each deployment lists somewhere
(wiki?) the 10 bugs that would need fixed first and the 10 new
features that need most?

That way a volunteer developer would be able to relate his work to
something actually useful somewhere else, as opposed to something that
_he_ just thought was a good idea. I think this could be a powerful
motivator to get more people involved.

Regards,

Tomeu

Farning