[Sugar-devel] [Physics] JSON persistence

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Fri Aug 14 05:13:20 EDT 2009

Hi Asaf,

On 14 Aug 2009, at 06:03, Asaf Paris Mandoki wrote:

> The JSON support has been up in git for a couple of days. What's
> next? I guess we need to do lots of testing.

I'm travelling back home this weekend, I'm hoping to get my additional
code changes in and tested ready for a release early next week (if all
is going well).

> I would like to help more with testing but I don't know how to
> install git inside SoaS.

su -c 'yum -y install git'

Should do it for you, FWIW I think the latest SoaS build has sudo now,
but the above su should work if not.

> Something that will also make things easier is to know how to
> install activities I get from git.

After cloning the source, I'd usually just use the Sugar UI to erase
the old Activity version, then ./setup.py dist_xo and sugar-install-
bundle dist/Physics2.xo, but after that, you can move the git clone
content directly in ~/Activities/Physics.activity for a minimal test
cycle (unless your testing changes to Activity icon or MIME stuff that
Sugar registers during install).

> Any thoughts on the UI for the rocket engine? I suggest using
> something similar to the triangle tool to draw an arrow. The problem
> of dragging the mouse that younger kids have should be addresed in a
> similar way to the other tools.

I'll need to focus on v3 for a while, but something like the triangle
tool to draw too sounds good to me once we get this release out the
door :-)

Regards,
--Gary