[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] GPA ain't the world (was: [Sugar-news] Sugar Digest 2009-08-11)

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Thu Aug 13 08:21:23 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 5:42 AM, Christoph
Derndorfer<e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> Sean DALY schrieb:
>> IMHO, close study of small deployments makes them incredibly useful to
>> all teachers and Learners. The observations and take-aways need to be
>> triaged of course, starting with what can/should be done by Sugar
>> Labs, but I am convinced many learnings will benefit large
>> deployments. Until reliable means of sharing experiences and feedback
>> (polls, questionnaires, council of deployers, etc.) can be put in
>> place, microscopic study of a classroom using Sugar is well worth the
>> effort, in particular for revealing blockers.
>>
> I'm not sure I really agree with this statement...

Christoph please keep the dramatic headlines to olpcnews.

In the above paragraph, Walter notes that many lessons can be learned
from controlled environments which can then be applied to larger
scaled, less controlled environments.

Please note, this does not _exclude_ anyone from providing feedback
from large scale deployments.  Nor does it _prevent_ anyone from
creating small scale deployments anywhere in the world.  _all_ it
states is that it is often cost effective to start small and grow as
lessons have been learned.

And yes, Christoph I _am_ holding your writing to a higher standard.
Several times, you have described yourself as the voice of the
project.

david