[Sugar-devel] Wed Jabber Testing

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Wed Aug 12 16:05:49 EDT 2009

I had quite limited time to test today but here is what we did.
I will call the two jabber servers XS1 and XS2.

XS1 responded to jabber.sugarlabs.org for the last few months.  It had over
2000 jabber users.

XS2 was created a few weeks ago and had barely been used. It also has Gadget
installed.

On Tuesday XS2 worked fine with 8 users we set up in Cambridge. XS1 had all
sorts of flackiness with the same 8 sticks and computers plus another 20 or
so who happened to be on from varies Sugarlands.  CPU on XS1 was around
100%.

Tuesday night we switch the DNS so that jabber.sugarlabs.org went to XS2.

Weds we had about 3 computers from cambridge plus about a dozen from
elsewhere.  It seemed ok and no large CPU usage.  Dave B noted that the
server always seemed to say it had 3 or 4 more people then he saw.  On Weds
we ran into an annoying bug where some of the sticks would not connect to
Jabber.  Ticket 1166.

Dave also forgot to reconfigure Gadget so for part of the day XS2 was
running without Gadget.

Dave has wiped the XS1 database and we are going to switch the DNS for
jabber.sugarlabs.org back to XS1.  We will test tomorrow whether it works
better then it did on Tuesday.

Tomorrow, if we get access to a computer lab I will also reburn the sticks
and see if I can replicate the problems we had on Ticket 1166 with sticks
that we know are absolutely all the same.

--
Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove

617-500-3488 - Office