[Sugar-devel] Deployment feedback braindump

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Aug 12 10:38:33 EDT 2009

El Wed, 12-08-2009 a las 15:16 +0100, Lucian Branescu escribió:
> In any case, PDF is a good presentation format. Why make it
> significantly more complex for small-to-none improvements to its main
> purpose?

Agreed.

And, btw, as people are gradually loosing the habit of printing on
paper, document formats designed to paging and static layout will slowly
decline.

How much have you been using OpenOffice Write lately?  Or MS Word?  Or
even TeX?  Now compare this with email, wiki and HTML.

I think few people will care about PDF 10 years from now -- maybe just 5
years from now.  With or without Javascript ;-)