[Sugar-devel] New SoaS-on-XO-1 build done: soasxo51

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Wed Aug 12 08:59:31 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 04:17:22PM +0530, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 10:42:23AM +0100, Martin Dengler wrote:
> > >
> > > When I boot this build, it seems to go okay. The screen switches to
> > > white, but sugar never starts.
> >
> > I'd start by logging in from another VT (Ctrl-Alt-F2, for example) and
> > trying to diagnose X / Sugar problems from there.  You might start
> > with /var/log/Xorg.0.log and /home/olpc/.sugar/default/logs/shell.log.
>
> I tried that, but none of the X hotkeys work. In a normal boot, the
> screen changes from white to gray as sugar loads. In my botched image,
> the screen stays white and nothing happens.

Can you try again?  You might also try Alt + Left/Right arrows.  These
VT-switching keys have nothing to do with X, and if you aren't getting
to the point where they will do anything the the image is seriously
screwed up.

Pretty boot is not enabled so you should be seeing plenty of kernel
messages before you see a white X screen.

Martin