[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Re: #1157 HIGH: Show which jabber server to which you are connected

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Aug 12 07:36:30 EDT 2009

El Wed, 12-08-2009 a las 16:31 +0545, Daniel Drake escribió:
> 2009/8/12 Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org>:
> > Any opinions? Every other deployer thinks this is a good idea?
>
> Yes. OLPC deployments have historically had this tool in the form of
> olpc-netstatus which is indeed very useful. Sugar should provide an
> equivalent.

We might want to break the old olpc-utils in two packages: one
containing all the XO specific hacks, and one with the generic stuff
that would make sense also on SoaS and on common Linux distros.

On second thought, we don't really need to split it: we might as well
rename it to sugar-utils and genericize it so it behaves nicely when not
running on the XO.

Are you the current maintainer of olpc-utils?  I used to be, but now I
don't feel like I have enough spare cycles to work on it.