[Sugar-devel] code review guidelines updated

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Aug 12 03:24:43 EDT 2009

On 08/11/2009 07:27 PM, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> have tried to clarify and explain the rationale behind the code review
> process in the wiki:
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Code_Review
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Code_guidelines
>
> Would welcome any comments.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tomeu

Two things I came across when playing with the review process today. I
guess we could point the PYLINTRC env variable to the
~/sugar-jhbuild/scripts/data/pylintrc

Do we agree on all the standards in the pep8? Do we only have to fix the
errors? Examples:

[erikos at laptop sugar]$ python
/home/erikos/sugar-jhbuild/scripts/data/pep8.py
src/jarabe/journal/journaltoolbox.py
src/jarabe/journal/journaltoolbox.py:2:36: W291 trailing whitespace
src/jarabe/journal/journaltoolbox.py:62:5: E301 expected 1 blank line,
found 0
src/jarabe/journal/journaltoolbox.py:70:1: E302 expected 2 blank lines,
found 1
src/jarabe/journal/journaltoolbox.py:76:38: E202 whitespace before '}'

Or should we make our own version of the pep8 like we did with our pylintrc?

Regards,
    Simon