[Sugar-devel] ESSIDs and BSSIDs, NM and Sugar

Andrés Nacelle anacelle at plan.ceibal.edu.uy
Tue Aug 11 13:02:30 EDT 2009

Hello,

On 7 Aug 09 Martin Langhoff posted that in presence of 2 identical SSID, the
XO will always connect to the same BSSID.

It happens that during the tests I've been doing lately, and wrote you
about, happened exactly the opposite, the XO moved from one to another AP
all the time. I'm saying this again in other to put booth ideas together.

I don't know what you been doing Martin, or in witch condition that happened
to you. I'm interested in knowing because maybe with that information we can
manage to develop a net design protocol (kind of, maybe more like a tip) to
get the best performance in the net. I mean you don't want the XO to be
reconnecting all the time from one to another AP because of the extra load
of packages in the net lost because of the need of actualisation on the
tables in switches, etc. And in the other hand you expect the connection to
be dynamic enough to choose between to BSSID when you are moving around, or
when one of the AP's fails.

Hope we can see whats really happening with this ESSID and BSSID stuff.

Thanks, and reed you later, jeje.