[Sugar-devel] HTML 5 article and validator

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Tue Aug 11 09:51:53 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 17:04 +0545, Christoph Derndorfer wrote:
> Finally had a chance to read a quick intro article to HTML 5
> (http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/07/16/html5-and-the-future-of-the-web/) which also linked to an (experimental) HTML 5 validator (http://html5.validator.nu/).
>

> I'm thinking especially the validator could come in quite handy for
> Karma development work.

I agree and it should be bundled w/ the utilities in utils/

> BTW, let me know if you stumble across other HTML 5 articles and
> tutorials, I'm particularly interested in information and how-tos on
> how to use the offline storage functionality.

will do. The only ones I have seen so far seem to be for mozilla like
this one

https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Offline_resources_in_Firefox

it appears to be very specific to firefox

http://dev.w3.org/html5/webstorage/

It sounds like some browser storage solutions use SQL, which I want to
avoid. SQL is really overkill for our purposes. I would prefer a simple
key/pair storage that you could read and write to w/ js.

I like this guy's implementation but I have no idea where is has gone
since he wrote this blog entry
http://labs.mozilla.com/2009/04/towards-better-browser-storage/

--
Bryan W. Berry