[Sugar-devel] Bug tracker enhancements

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Tue Aug 11 04:59:10 EDT 2009

On 07/11/2009 06:01 AM, Sebastian Dziallas wrote:
> Bryan Berry wrote:
>> On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 07:45 +0200, Simon Schampijer wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Our current trac instance is missing some basic functionality:
>>>
>>> - versions per component: a really simple enhancement would be to have a
>>> text field (maybe some versions (sugar core) you can select from) but
>>> that we do not have to keep the list updated for each activity
>>>
>>> - milestones should be on a component basis as well (similar to
>>> versions)
>>>
>>> - I want to make certain fields only being available with certain
>>> permissions (a milestone and priority can only be set by the mainteiner,
>>> the severity by the bugsquad (see new fedora policy))
>>
>> Can u provide me a link to the policy? Is this what u r referring to
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Security/TrackingBugs
>
> I think Simon was referring to this one:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-announce/2009-July/msg00001.html
>

> --Sebastian

Sorry, for taking so long to follow up on this. I had a little chat with
our head of the development department this morning. Besides the
additions I described in my original mail, I think the most important
one, low hanging fruit is:

Get a separate instance for the downstream projects: Soas etc This would
leave us with only the upstream sugar components and activities.

They can decide, what bug trackers they want to use, does not have to be
trac. Maybe they will find out that the one they are using is so much
better then trac that it is worth switching.

@Infra-people, is it possible to get an own instance for soas?

Thanks,
    Simon