[Sugar-devel] New activity: Arithmetic.

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 01:07:05 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Benjamin M. Schwartz <
bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:

> Christoph Derndorfer wrote:
> > * there seems to be quite an issue with syncing collaboration because
> > initially the activities on both virtual machines were off by maybe half
> > second or so but after leaving them running for 10 minutes the difference
> > had increased to more than 6 seconds.
>
> Hmm...
>
> Virtual machines have notoriously unstable system clocks, which is
> probably why you observed this.  I'll have to think about what to do about
> it.

I'm also seeing this issue when collaborating between a VirtualBox instance
(with SoaS Strawberry) and an XO (running 802). Though do note that both on
this and the VM & VM setup I was connected via jabber.sugarlabs.org so this
might introduce some latency as well (thanks to Daniel for pointing this out
to me).

Now with two XOs, one of them running Nepal's custom NEXO build, the other
one on 802, connected via the Mesh the difference between the two machines
seems to be ~1 second. I'll leave them running for a bit to see whether it
stays that way or increases.

Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer