[Sugar-devel] New activity: Arithmetic.

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Tue Aug 11 00:41:14 EDT 2009

Hi Christoph,

   > * there should be some sort of start button to get the quiz
   >   started, I felt quite an adrenaline rush when I started the
   >   activity and saw the clock ticking away immediatedly

Makes sense.  I think this comes under an artwork improvement; there
could be some kind of "start shared game" screen (when the first
person chooses to share the activity) where you wait for everyone
to join up and then hit the first countdown together.

   > * there seems to be quite an issue with syncing collaboration
   > because initially the activities on both virtual machines were
   > off by maybe half a second or so but after leaving them running
   > for 10 minutes the difference had increased to more than 6
   > seconds.

Oh, that's very interesting.  I don't think I have an explanation, but
maybe Ben does.  I was thinking that it might be the cumulative delay
of our gobject timer firing, but we're starting a new question based
on *absolute* time passed, not relative, so that doesn't fit after
all.  I'd be interested to know whether there's been six seconds of
clock drift (as measured by "date") between the two machines!

   > Bryan also asked me to show the activity to the folks here at the
   > OLE Nepal offices so if I get any feedback from them I'll forward
   > it to you.

Great, thanks very much,

- Chris.
--