[Sugar-devel] [Moodle]About the has_capability() function

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 21:22:17 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 1:33 AM, Vamsi Krishna
Davuluri<vdavuluri at acm.org> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
> I am sold with the blocks concept ;)

Hey! That's excelletn news! Sorry about the long latency.

> Though:
>
> I have finally wrapped things with the XML-RPC stuff for assignment-clone
> (which is print) module

Good.

> My idea was "do anything new only after having a backup". But there's still
> the authentication stuff

Um. That's not going to be very satisfactory for end users. They don't
know if it's backedup, they don't have direct control over the backup,
and it happens only once a day.

> that's at question. How do i tell moodle this is from an user X and how do I

You can include -- in the POST data -- the SN and UUID of the machine.
See how Browse.xo is doing, and perhaps the recent changes by Hamilton
Chua about ds-backup

> tell moodle that this will
> go into a particular course module ( I see no way to beat this without
> having  a selection UI in the
> client).

Forget about it being in a course because Sugar has no such concept.
It belongs to no course. The Moodle side should make it always about
the 'sitecourse'.

hth

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions