[Sugar-devel] multiple activity versions installed simultaneously (was Re: [Bugs] #1042 UNSP: cannot install new activity version)

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Aug 10 12:58:24 EDT 2009

2009/8/10 Martin Dengler <martin at martindengler.com>:
> Do you propose SL explictly not support this (closing the bug as
> WONTFIX or something, presumably) and - separately - let it be a
> goal/feature request once there are sponsors?  That seems sensible to
> me.

I'm a bit confused as to the current situation. The bug seems to
suggest that we have some half-baked code already in sugar for
supporting activity versions. I think that was added recently, but
with a design focusing on fixing something other than supporting kids
modifying activities under a tree.

So I think the first thing to do is to clarify why having multiple
versions is interesting and evaluate the reasoning and design of that.

I don't think we yet have a design for the kids modifying activities
thing, so I agree that should be left til later.

Daniel