[Sugar-devel] multiple activity versions installed simultaneously (was Re: [Bugs] #1042 UNSP: cannot install new activity version)

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Aug 10 12:24:06 EDT 2009

2009/8/10 Martin Dengler <martin at martindengler.com>:
> Learner-generated activity patches, perhaps?  Like, we're under a tree
> and here's my patched Terminal/Pippy/Speak that you may want to try
> but not commit to blowing-away your "official" version...

Do we have the relevant tools/interfaces/activities to make this
possible and realistic?

What are the user interfaces like when dealing with multiple
activities? If I click on a new version of an activity in browse, does
it upgrade the one I have or install it in parallel?

How do I erase old versions?

When I click the activity from the home screen, which version gets launched?

Having user-modifiable activities like this is a nice idea, and laying
the groundwork to make it possible could also be sensible, but right
now it seems like we aren't ready and the reason for the introduction
of this code is/was for unrelated reasons.  I also feel that this
functionality would rarely be used in the field.

Daniel