[Sugar-devel] SD boot sugar

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 11:59:09 EDT 2009

2009/8/5 Hernan Pachas <hernan.pachas at gmail.com>:
> Hola Walter.
>
> Nosotros tenemos unas XO con sectores de la NAND dañadas físicamente y en
> muchos casos, esto impide el booteo de las XO con sugar.
>
> Estaba pensando, y corrígeme si me equivoco, puedo tener un SD con sugar
> (parecido al SoaS) colocarlo en el slot SD y bootear desde el SD Sugar? en
> lugar de boot desde la NAND?
>
> Esta solución puede servir para futuras  NAND con fallas físicas.
>
> --hernan

Yes. You should be able to replace the NAND with a SoaS SD image.
There has been a lot of back and forth on the list of late about
optimizing such an image for the XO. I am not current, but it I
believe it is all working quite well.

One catch: the version of Sugar will be more recent than the one that
it is replacing. I don't think a backport is feasible.

-walter

--
Walter Bender
Sugar Labs