[Sugar-devel] Collaboration with Jabber on Sugar

Russell Brown misterruss at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 10 11:46:44 EDT 2009

Hi,
I'm a total newb to this but I am keen to try and figure out what is
happening with Jabber/Sugar collaboration. Is this list best to post
or the XS server list?

Specifically what I am seeing is general unreliability. Sometimes when
I launch a bunch of Sugar VMs and some physical machines I get nice,
seamless collaboration. But often I have to restart some sugar
instances at least once, sometimes many times, for them to register on
the Jabber server.

Next, when they are all registered, some Sugar instances show the
other Sugars in the network very rapidly. Some NEVER seem to see the
new members. The same goes for leaving members. Is it something to do
with the order they joined, maybe?

Is it possible to watch the XMPP messages (is there some debug setting
for the Jabber client in Sugar?)

Is there some introductory documentation to the Jabber client in Sugar
so that I can start poking around for myself?

Sorry for the massive barrage of questions, I guess answering the last
one will get me started on answering the rest for myself.

May thanks in advance

Russell