[Sugar-devel] multiple activity versions installed simultaneously (was Re: [Bugs] #1042 UNSP: cannot install new activity version)

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Aug 10 11:41:58 EDT 2009

2009/8/10 Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org>:
> Hi,
>
> any opinions on this?

I dislike the idea of having multiple versions installed at once. The
argument I saw for this case was that different versions might have
incompatibilities in their collaboration protocols, but I feel that we
should instead stick to standard software practices of not breaking
network-exposed  APIs during a stable cycle. If people choose to break
it, let them pick up the pieces.

Are there other reasons?

Daniel