[Sugar-devel] SoaS-for-XO-1 image

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Mon Aug 10 04:10:17 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 11:16:21AM +0530, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 09, 2009 at 08:14:12PM +0100, Martin Dengler wrote:
> > Adventurous people can copy-nand:
> >
> > http://people.sugarlabs.org/~mtd/soas-xo1/soasxo50.{img,crc}
>
> This is quite close to usable!
>
> * It mounts USB keys.
> * Sound works.
> * The font size is tolarable.
>
> The only critical bug I found after brief testing is that sometimes the
> menus get stuck on the screen. This is fairly reproducable.

I've seen this as well, and it's been due to the compositing manager,
which is now enabled.  Perhaps for strawberry this is too aggressive.
To disable temporarily, you can:

 killall xcompmgr

And to disable permanently, remove/comment this line from
/home/olpc/.xsession :

(sleep 5 ; xcompmgr ) &

Martin