[Sugar-devel] bender: new uplink change of IP, Aug 8 18:30 CEST

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Aug 8 12:00:15 EDT 2009

With the occasion of today's Develer's network reshaping, we're able to
relocate our KVM host bender to the same rack where trinity also lives.

This allows us to switch sooner than expected to the new uplink provided
by Consiagnet, which comes with a public IPv4 address, lower latency and
10mbit of bandwidth in both directions.  The link will be shared with
Develer when they complete the transition to Consiagnet.

The machine will be down for one hour or so while we reconfigure the
link.  The IPv6 address of the sixxs.net tunnel will not change for the
time being, but I'm also planning to start testing a simpler 6to4 scheme
and drop the AYIYA tunnel soon-ish.

We could also add IPv4 port forwarding for the VMs, but I expect that
6to4 won't be as unreliable as the sixxs.net service has been.