[Sugar-devel] [Karma] Re: What was the tool you used for command-line execution of jQuery stuff?

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Fri Aug 7 08:39:33 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 10:19 +0545, Christoph Derndorfer wrote:
> 2009/8/5 Bryan Berry <bryan at olenepal.org>
>         ./karma.sh --gettext html_file.html js_file.js
>         your_lesson_name.pot
>

> I can't find that karma.sh script... :-/

sorry, it is just ROOT/karma where ROOT is the top-level directory

> Also, I'm not really interested in the localization but was rather
> wondering what the best way was to use jQuery in the building of
> Chakra. Because I was thinking about using some sort of empty template
> for Chakra which would then be populated with links and menus
> according to the lessons available in the directory.

I haven't figured that out yet.

It may not feasible to use jquery to create chakra. jquery operates on
the DOM, which is what the browser renders from the source html and css.
I don't know if you can use jQuery to manipulate the DOM and separate it
back into css and html.

generating the css may be trickier than generating the html on the fly.
I will have to look this up.