[Sugar-devel] Revert to functioning Csound (OLPCsound) on SoaS?

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Thu Aug 6 20:02:11 EDT 2009

While awaiting a happy marriage between Csound5.10 and Python2.6 on SoaS,
I'd like to work on display challenges (text "sizing" via the set_use_markup
property), and so would like to recreate a fully-functioning OLPCsound
(5.08) on SoaS.

The problem with the 5.10 upgrade seems to be that the csound-python
interface (esp. csnd and _csnd.so) doesn't connect 5.10 and python2.6
correctly.

Out of the box, there is OLPCsound, but apparently no csound-python to go
with it (?), and - in any case - python2.6 instead of 2.5.

Is there any way of downgrading to a working OLPCsound setup on SoaS?

[This would seem to involve reverting to python2.5 (which doesn't seem
available via yum), and perhaps also installing the companion csound-python
package (I'm unsure of this last point).]

Art Hunkins