[Sugar-devel] One click vs "options in palette" buttons (from the toolbar redesign thread)

Caroline Meeks solutiongrove at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 07:52:12 EDT 2009

I'm just going to throw in a non helpfull cheer for the work you guys are
doing!  I can't help you with refinements yet but I know the basic work is
needed. The GPA students after 5 weeks could still not find the stop button
or understand the Share UI. Yay for the new design!
As for being helpful, let me know when its ready to put into kids hands and
I'll video some kids using it.

Thanks for this work!

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 6:50 AM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de>wrote:

> Another question that came up today (screenshot attached):
>
> The share button has a regular palette. This is not a toolbar that can be
> locked. We have one action buttons (e.g. keep one) and we have buttons where
> the options have to be revealed (like the share one). How do we make this
> distinction visible in the UI. Aleksey instinctively choose the arrow. But
> that would clash with the toolbars, and led to confusions.
>
> Do we have ideas about that?
>
> Thanks,
>   Simon

Caroline Meeks