[Sugar-devel] [RELEASE] Read 71

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Thu Aug 6 06:36:09 EDT 2009

On 08/06/2009 12:19 PM, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Simon Schampijer<simon at schampijer.de>  wrote:
>> On 08/05/2009 11:29 PM, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> I just released version 71 of the Read activity. This version will let
>>> you associate (add and edit) notes with your bookmarks[1], and has a
>>> slightly more useful fullscreen view (you can now get a rough idea of
>>> how much battery is left in your laptop/netbook without invoking the
>>> frame)[2].
>> Hi Sayamindu,
>>
>> what was the issue with the battery status to be in the frame? Is it hard to
>> invoke the frame when you are in ebook mode? Is the issue a lack f
>> notification in the UI when the battery gets low?
>>

> Combination of the two - I would say. For example, in the XO's
> ebook/tablet mode, there is no way to access the frame, and currently
> the frame does not pop-up/notify if battery is low.
> Cheers,
> Sayamindu

I guess the workflow is: Enter full screen view, and transform the
laptop in ebook mode, use the cursor buttons to scroll. When finished
reading you transform the laptop back in 'normal' mode and switch to
another activity, unfullscreen etc.

So accessing the frame in ebook mode - is probably not something you do
in your ebook workflow (at least on an olpc without touchpad support).

The notification of battery status (when low etc) I would like to see in
general, as it is a crucial functionality when using Sugar on a laptop.
Would that solve your 'issue'?

Regards,
    Simon