[Sugar-devel] First stab at a questionnaire for deployments (was: First step towards an efficient feedback process)

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 04:34:17 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 1:22 AM, Christoph Derndorfer <
christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 12:46 AM, Christoph Derndorfer <
> christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So, to end this with an actionable item I would suggest that we start
>> flashing out a process and preferably an actual questionnaire of some kind
>> to be sent to people in deployments listed on the page mentioned above or
>> who we know personally (and subsequently encourage to sign up to the page
>> above;-) by the time brainstorming for 0.88 starts.
>>

> One interesting starting point for such a questionnaire could for example
> be a list of customizations that deployments make to the images they use on
> their XOs. e.g. here in Nepal they made the hot corners "less hot" and
> removed the 'Remove' option from the activities menu in Home View (so
> activities can only be truly removed from the List View). Both of these
> changes were made based on testing and feedback from the field which in turn
> could be a good starting point for discussions on these details in future
> releases.

Since I had some minutes to spare I took a first quick stab at what such a
questionnaire for deployments both small and large could look like. This is
definitely pre-Alpha quality but might be a good starting point when it
comes to getting more information from deployments.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dG50R2wzakRZX0h6WjI4Y29RMkZacUE6MA..

Let me know what you think.
Christoph

--