[Sugar-devel] Getting a gtk.image from the get_preview function

sumit singh sumit.coder at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 21:06:57 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I would like to ask what is the best way to get a gtk.Image from the
data returned by get_preview function of activity.Activity fn of
sugar. I want to make an image buttton using this data. Currently, I
am doing it by saving the data in a temp file using the tempfile
module of sugar and then by loading the image from this file, however,
as I will be req to load around 15-20 such images, I can't say how
fast the process will end into. Is there a faster method?

For your reference , here is the code of how the journal activity uses
this data---- http://pastebin.be/20177 , but as I don't want to use
hippo canvas, so this method won't work. Kindly give your suggestions.

Regards,
sumit