[Sugar-devel] [Sur] sitio sugarlabs

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Tue Aug 4 12:42:18 EDT 2009

Sorry I don't speak spanish so we will have to depend on google translate.

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 7:50 AM, Gabriel Eirea<geirea at gmail.com> wrote:
> (translation of Paola's comments; this is an issue I brought up a
> couple of times in the past)
>
> Hi..
> This Saturday's afternoon I realized that on the sugarlabs site, where
> activities are, they removed the "download" button to download them
> easily.
> What is the reason??

Are you looking at activities.sugarlabs.org ? Can you check to see if
the english translation athttp://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/
work scorrectly?  It might be somethng in the localization process.

> Sincerely so many changes in the site and so varied make people with
> not much command (the enormous majority) get lost more and more.
> The activities classification that was there before was much more
> practical than now, because a list of activities of every subject
> would be shown. Now there are frames like "most downloaded", etc. but
> there are not all of them. If you want a list of all from one category
> you need to start searching and I have seen people with no idea on how
> to do it.
> One day you explain them how to do it... the try it and they can't
> because at the time the try to do it everything had changed!!
> It's not that I'm being whiny.. but every day it is more difficult to
> explain how to download activities and how to search for them to
> people that has no idea of anything..

Over the next couple months we hope to improve Sugar and Sugar Labs by
improving communication between deployments and developers.

david