[Sugar-devel] F11 for XO1 - Fonts

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Tue Aug 4 03:43:10 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 05:25, Daniel Drake<dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> 2009/8/3 Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org>:
>>>
>>> Any of the recent F11-for-XO, so try Stephen Parrish's os3.
>>
>> Checked there and both sugar's style.py and the gtkrc display 10 as
>> the font size. Is this size of 7 set somewhere else?
>
> sugar-xo.gtkrc is used to set that font, but modifying style.py is
> probably what we missed. Is there a nicer way than forking the source
> code to make this change, though?

We could make it a GConf property if it's really needed, but as you
already know, I think we should have all the UI use a default of 10
and solely use Xft.dpi to scale it up and down. We don't need to
discuss this now again, though.

What I think we need is a place for every distributor to document the
ways in which they are differing from upstream, so Sugar people not
directly involved in that distribution effort can still be helpful
with support and don't lose too much time with surprises like this.

Regards,

Tomeu