[Sugar-devel] Screen Reposition?

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Mon Aug 3 21:42:44 EDT 2009

At:
http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/39
I found the following observation:

"I think that the right solution for such a tiny display is to globally
scale the display, using the bin/sugar to set SUGAR_SCALING to 72. The
question is, how to detect display resolution from this shell script? The
only solution I can think of is an evil hack involving xrandr and sed, and
there has to be a better way."

I'd like to experiment with setting SUGAR_SCALING, but cannot locate
bin/sugar on SoaS. Can anyone give me the appropriate file/location?

My idea is that if this variable works to "resize the screen", maybe this
value might be temporarily "reset" by a python script.

Art Hunkins