[Sugar-devel] Sugar Collaboration for Poets

Caroline Meeks solutiongrove at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 21:10:06 EDT 2009

Hi,
As we get pilots of Sugar on a Stick and Sugar on Netbooks going this Sept
there are going to be a lot of questions about collaboration.

When it works its wonderful! It makes a huge difference.  It works well in
the GPA computer lab.

Sometimes it does work, we need to get some documentation up for  "School/Camp
IT person, Teach Savvy Teacher or accidental techie" that gives them a shot
at making it work for
them and lets them give us good feedback when it doesn't.

I'd love help expanding the wiki page David Farning started:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Collaboration#School.2FCamp_IT_person.2C_Teach_Savvy_Teacher_or_accidental_techie

Specifically for the GPA pilot I would like to make the following use cases
work.

   1. Set up a cluster of computers in the back of a classroom, without
   internet connection, and have local collaboration within that cluster.
   (Ticket 1113)
   2. Allow collaboration when using the Mac laptops on the laptop cart.

Thanks,
Caroline

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 6:01 PM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org>wrote:

> I have started a Poets Guide to Collaboration at
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Collaboration .
>
> It is a simplified guide that only looks at the use case when a XMPP
> Server is present.
>
> My first question is:
> Why is Ejabberd the preferred XMPP server? Some of the Java base
> servers appear to be very scalable and very stable?
>
> david

Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove
Caroline at SolutionGrove.com