[Sugar-devel] Erase in the Ring and less hot hot corners

Caroline Meeks solutiongrove at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 19:26:17 EDT 2009

+1 to taking erase out of the activity ring.  We need to keep that view as
simple as possible for the youngest children.  Moving the mouse is a
challenge for the youngest kids, fewer targets with less that can go wrong
is a big win.
I think I'm also a +1 on the less hot hot corners.  I definitely see issues
with getting the frame unintentionally.  But that seems like a choice with
more tradeoffs.

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 7:13 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 01:22:35AM +0545, Christoph Derndorfer wrote:
> > e.g. here in Nepal they [...] removed the 'Remove' option from the
> > activities menu in Home View (so activities can only be truly removed
> > from the List View).
>
> I confirm that with the children I test on, using OLPC build 802, they
> lose activities from the ring as a result of accidental mouse movements.
> After a few hours though they don't do it.
>
> --
> James Cameron
> http://quozl.linux.org.au/

Caroline Meeks