[Sugar-devel] Screen Reposition?

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Sat Aug 1 18:55:43 EDT 2009

First of two responses:

I've discovered a related problem: I accidentally booted my XO with an SoaS
USB drive in one of its slots.

I didn't expect it to boot - *unaided* - into SoaS (which it did). Is this
expected?

At any rate, I found ordinary text (such as on the Terminal and Logs
activities) to be unreadable (*too* small). I needed to remove my glasses
and move to six inches from the screen before I could focus.

I then ran my activity (or, rather, was able to view some of it on-screen,
as csound with python is not yet working). Instead of displaying nicely like
it does on "native" XO, it too displays in tiny type in the upper left-hand
corner. In other words, there is the same problem of screen formatting as on
my desktop system.

I note the icons and graphics are nicely sized; but all plain text
apparently not?

This is a real problem that, IMHO, renders SoaS (i.e., later versions of
Sugar) fairly useless on the XO. Is this issue being addressed? (If so, I
haven't seen discussion on this list recently. And what does this mean for
the future viability of the XO?)

Art Hunkins