[Sugar-devel] Initial implementation of toolbars design

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Sat Aug 1 10:48:34 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 04:37:24PM +0200, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 16:33, Aleksey Lim<alsroot at member.fsf.org> wrote:

> >> Good luck!
> >>
> >> Quick question: Are you going to try and support existing
> >> deployments and keep and maintain both toolbar implementations? That
> >> is certainly (but painfully) my plan, as that's where 99.9% of our
> >> users are. You might need to wish me luck as well, as I'm not half
> >> as code prolific as you ;-)
> >
> > I have secret weapon, sugar-port[1] for that purpose :)
>
> You mean each of those activities will ship with its own copy of the
> new toolbars? That's quite a bit scary from the support POV.

Well, not so much as you can think..
API for new toolbars won't be changed(I hope), so I need only `cp`
proper sources from master repo(if it will contain fixed code)
anyway I don't see another way except not using new toolbars at all.
I'm personally dislike idea of having several branches in that
particular case where there is no changes in activity code but only
changes in 3rd party components.

--
Aleksey